Warranty Period Extended By Auto-Makers
Unable to service or claim warranty on your vehicle in time due to lock-down? Don’t worry! Automotive Manufacturers in India has announced the free service period & warranty extension by two months due to lock down restrictions. The global COVID-19 pandemic has badly affected all the sectors of the automobile industry. It has brought the automotive industry to devastation. However, several automobile manufacturers in India are providing extension of free/paid services & warranty period for their customers.
Warranty Period Extension By Car-Makers:
- Maruti Suzuki will extend the free service, warranty and announced warranty extension ending between March 15 and April 30, 2020 up to June 30.
- Hyundai India will provide a two-month extension to customers who could not avail their vehicle’s warranty / extended warranty / free service due to dealership shutdown.
- Tata Motors will be extending the time for availing the stipulated services. Customers with OE warranty and a free service period expiry date between March 15 and May 31, 2020, can avail these services until July 31. However, this is NOT applicable to the kilometres clause in the warranty policy.
- Volkswagen India also extension of its service and warranty for customers. This applies to the standard warranties expiring between March 22 and mid-May. These will now be valid till July 31, 2020.
- Audi India announced warranty extension for all those whose service package or extended warranty ends during the lock down period. The time-frame has been extended by one month or 3,000 km (whichever comes first). However, the time-frame to purchase the extended warranty will be stretched by two months from the last day of the lock down.
- Isuzu will extend the validity of warranties and services with expiry dates between March 15 and April 15, to May 31, 2020 for its existing customers.
- Kia Motors will provide the extended free services to all its customers until July 2020.
- Toyota will also cover free emergency support to customers who don’t have coverage till 15 days after the lock-down. There will be an extension till May 31, 2020 for customers whose respective programs and products may have expired during the shutdown.
- Ford India announced an extension of its warranty schemes and service programmes. The company specified that all warranties expiring between March 15 and May 30, 2020 will be valid until June 30.
- Porsche will be extending new car warranties for three months for vehicles with warranties expiring between March 1 and May 31, 2020.
- Nissan announced a month’s extra time for free services, warranties and extended warranties after the government lifts the lock-down. The manufacturer is also offering a special service package including emergency roadside assistance during the quarantine.
Warranty Period Extension Bike-Makers:
- Hero MotoCorp extended the period of its warranties and free services. You can avail all the scheduled free services, and those under Annual Maintenance Contract until June 30, 2020
- Honda Scooters & Motorcycles will extend the free service schedule falls between March 15 and April 15, 2020 by two months.
- KTM announced that will extend the free services and warranty periods for all its products. You can avail the warranty and free services until June 30, 2020.
- Royal Enfield has declared a two-month extension for RE owners of free services and warranties expiring between March 22 and April 14, 2020.
- Kawasaki India announced that it will extend the warranty on its motorcycles to June 30, 2020.
- TVS Motor Company has also extended service support with warranty period which has been extended until June 30.
- Yamaha has declared that it will extend its services for an additional 60 days (till June 30) from date of expiry.
- Ducati India extended warranty period till Jun 1, 2020 for all motorcycles whose warranty will lapse between March 24 and May 3, 2020.
- Piaggio Group also extended warranties and free service schedules on all its products, for 30 days after the lock down is lifted.
Most of them has extended the warranty and free service periods with varying degrees of leeway for their products.
Please check with the respective manufacturer about the specific leeway offered for your vehicle.