Mileage Challenge: India’s Top 10 Mileage Bikes in 2015:
International Centre for Automotive Technology (iCAT), an agency of National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRIP), recently conducted tests on Indian bikes to find out best mileage bikes. The test results surprised everyone as many bikes that claimed higher mileage could not enter the Top 10 mileage bikes in 2015.
As per the March 2015 fuel efficiency (FE) values, Hero MotoCorp won handsomely. Seven of its bikes made it to the Top 10 mileage bikes in 2015 in India. Hero’s recently launched Hero Splendor iSmart, recorded an impressive mileage of 102.5kmpl in the test, which has now been crowned the 'world's most fuel efficient motorcycle'.
Following are the Top 10 mileage bikes in India as of 2015:
1. Hero Motocorp - Splendor iSmart - 97.2cc - 102.5 Km/L is also crowned the most fuel efficient motorcycle in the world.
2. Bajaj Auto - Platina ES - 97.0 cc - 96.90 Km/L comes at No. 2 in the list.
3. Hero MotoCorp - Splendor Pro - 97.2 cc - 93.21 Km/L ranks No.3 in the list of most fuel efficient bikes of India in 2015.
4. Hero MotoCorp - Splendpr Pro Classic - 97.2 cc - 93.21 Km/L
5. Bajaj Auto - Discover 100 - 94.4 cc - 90.30 Km/L
6. Hero MotoCorp - Splendor-NXG - 97.2 cc - 89.04 Km/L
7. Hero MotoCorp - HF Dawn - 97.2 cc - 88.56 Km/L
8. Hero MotoCorp - HF Deluxe - 97.2 cc - 88.56 Km/L
9. Hero MotoCorp - HF Deluxe Eco - 97.2 cc - 88.56 Km/L
10. TVS Motor - Star Sport- Duralife - 99.7 cc - 87.70 Km/L
*Under Test Conditions as claimed by the manufacturers.
Note: All Images, Courtesy: Respective manufacturers.